What Feeds You? - The Harvest Method
I like to think this little shot of love on Mondays might actually have you saying that instead of having a case of "the mondays".
They're just no bueno.
And you and I are in the business of enjoying our lives, so hooray I say.
Here's your Monday Love Letter, with that being the intention: to fuel your mind, heart and soul and inspire you to live and make choices that honor you and fulfill your wants and what you say you need.
Getting fueled up is the topic of the week.
You'll notice here and there in my marketing of the harvest method that I talk about food that feeds you and movement that moves you. This week's video explains that pretty thoroughly so I'll let you check it out here to dig deeper into what I mean.
In this space, let's start getting more familiar and connected to what you need for fuel.
What you need differs person to person for many reasons - desires and dreams, past experience, beliefs, what you're working on and working through...
All aspects of project: love, me set the stage for you to choose and get the fuel you need to be nourished and energized to keep yourself moving and shaking and living and loving.
Food That Feeds You
I like to break it down into these categories:
Physiological food is the literal way you feed yourself. That's where Registered Dietitian Rach gets the most play.
- What do you need to eat that gives you the nutrients, energy and satisfaction to be fulfilled and able to have your body operate at its best state?
at baseline, in times of sickness or disease, at any stage of life, at whatever physical fitness level/goals, incorporating variety and preference, ethnicity and belief systems...all of that goes in to choosing you physiological nourishment.
Emotional food is a figurative way you feed yourself.
- What kind of emotional development do you need?
- Where do you close off or introvert instead of asking for support or expressing yourself?
- What do you need to find comfort in naturally connecting and inter-depending?
- What do you need to let go of to have a viewpoint that is empowered and let's you allow for and accept your emotions and feeling and those of others without judgment or ridicule?
"Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter. Those who matter don't mind". - Dr Suess
In order to be surrounded by those who also allow you to feel and emote, you can't mind you being yourself.
That's where the next form of food comes in.
Inter-relational food is that way we figuratively feed ourselves through our interactions, conversations, communication and relationships.
- What needs to transform for you in those places in your life?
- hat feels like it's missing in how you relate with others?
- What do you need to ask for?
- What do you need to give?
- What is your ideal life when it comes to being with others and feeling you belong there?
Intellectual food is everything you process from your senses - what you see, hear, smell, taste and feel.
- What are you allowing in that, maybe, isn't the best form of nourishment?
- What music are you listening to?
- Does the tv you watch and the things you read benefit your calmness and faith in the world or are you unintentionally marring your view with trash and gossip?
Get real with this one. You always have a choice as to what you let in and surround yourself with. Get straight about what is positive and what is punishing and what you want to change.
And lastly, spiritual yumz.
What you believe you see.
Your words are your world - both conscious and subconscious.
- What do you need to become more in tune with and bring to conscious light?
- Do you have stories about things that "always happen to you", relationships that mirror past negative experiences, things you just can't get "right" or have given up on because you just don't think are possible?
Get present to those thought and words you have and use. You are magically (and not so magically) finding evidence that you are right, even in those ways you truly wish you were wrong. The deepest belief is not supportive of what you really want. And it's running the show.
- What spiritual work - meditation, healing, groups, prayers, rituals or ceremonial experiences could support you to let those limiting beliefs go?
You could do it all in psychotherapy or in gym workout that exhausts you physically so much that you give up your emotional resistance...sure. You could also live in the misery of limitation.
You could find the spiritual fuel that supports your growth.
Get what I mean?
I hope this provokes some thought and some actions this week.
There's nothing special about the people you follow and see that seem to have it all figured out/joyful, free and love-filled lives.
They simply understand that what they take in and fuel themselves with has a direct effect their experience moment to moment.
If you want to dig deep into this for yourself, book with me or email me so we can find an appointment time for you that works for both of us.
Remember, it's telephone or video chat, so you don't even have to come to me and we can still make tons of magic in your life.
It's time you feed yourself the best way possible.
I love you.